Bangladesh is a developing country, not only in terms of the economic sector but also in the terms of education. After Passing HSC Exam, The students want to admin into Top 10 Public University in Bangladesh. The public universities inside the country are helping the country get international recognition in the education field as they are skyrocketing up the world university rankings. As the process of getting into a public university inside the country is more refined and tough, so usually, the most talented and meritorious students get into the public universities. Recently we have Published a complete list of Top 10 private University in Bangladesh on BDJobsFeed.com.
List of Top 10 Public Universities in Bangladesh 2021 Ranking
1. University of Dhaka (DU)
The University of Dhaka is the best public university in Bangladesh and arguably the best university overall as well. The University of Dhaka, DU, in short, is the oldest university in the country, being formed exactly 100 years ago now. Unlike BUET, DU offers their degrees in different fields of education, not only engineering. Currently, DU ranks somewhere near the 1700 mark in the world university rankings, which is an all-time high for the university. Dhaka University is located near Shahbag, Dhaka.
Dhaka University Address:
- Campus Location: University of Dhaka- Nilkhet Rd, Dhaka 1000, Bangladesh
- Contact Number: +88 09666911463 / 4020
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: www.du.ac.bd
2. Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology (BUET)
Being one of the best Universities in Bangladesh, Bangladesh University of Science and Technology stands no.2 inside the country. BUET is well known for its academic excellence and its tough admission exams. BUET is one of the hardest universities to get into inside Bangladesh, which is why it has a reputation today. BUET was established in the year 1912 and back then it was the first and only institution that enabled the studying of engineering, urban planning, and architecture. BUET is solely an engineering university, only providing degrees for engineering subjects.
Check: BUET Job Circular
- Campus Location: Zahir Raihan Road – ECE Building,Azimpur Rd, Dhaka-1205, Bangladesh
- Contact Number: +880 2- 55167100, 55167228-57
- Email ID: Contact mail at here
- Official Website: www.buet.ac.bd
3. National University, Bangladesh (NU)
A fun fact about National University, Bangladesh is that it does not only rank 3rd in the public university rankings inside Bangladesh, it also ranks 3rd in the world in terms of the number of students enrolled in the university. It is also renowned for its academic excellence and the way it is rapidly going up the ranks. It does not seem like it is moving from its rank on this list anytime soon. National University, Bangladesh is situated in Gazipur, Dhaka, and was established in the year 1992. There are almost 2250 universities that are affiliated with National University, Bangladesh.
- Campus Location: Dhaka – Mymensingh Hwy, Gazipur 1704- Bangladesh
- Contact Number: 16429 and 09614016429
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Official Website: www.nu.edu.bd
4. University of Rajshahi (RU)
The University of Rajshahi, otherwise called Rajshahi University or RU, was formed in 1953. With 33,000 undergrads and near 1000 staff, it is perhaps one of the biggest universities in Bangladesh. The college’s principal grounds are in Motihar, on the eastern side of the city of Rajshahi and a mile from the stream Padma. The grounds zone is almost 305 hectares (753 sections of land). Admittance to the walled-off grounds is controlled through three security entryways. It houses eleven huge scholastic structures—five for expressions of the human experience, business studies, and sociologies, four for technical disciplines, and two for rural studies.
Rajshahi University Address:
- Campus Location: Administration Building 1, in Motihar- Rajshahi City, Bangladesh
- Contact Number: +88 0721 750041 and +88 0721 750685
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: www.ru.ac.bd
5. University of Chittagong (CU)
The University of Chittagong is very renowned for its academic excellence since it was formed in 1966. The Chittagong University Library is arranged on the college grounds, and since 1990, has been housed in its own structure of 56,700 square feet. The library assortment comprises around 350,000 books and more than 40,000 bound diaries. The University Shuttle Train is an exceptional nature of this University. This train was worked by Bangladesh Railway eastern division and observed by the college authority. Regular a great many understudies come for classes and get back to their homes through this train. The Chittagong University Museum was set up on 14 June 1973.
Chittagong University Address:
- Campus Location: Hathazari Upazila, Chittagong University Rd, 4331- Bangladesh
- Contact Number: 031-717112
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Official Website: https://cu.ac.bd
Jashore University of Science and Technology otherwise called JUST is an administration financed state-funded college in Bangladesh. This is the fourth state-funded college in Khulna Division and the main state-funded college in Jashore. It was set up in 2007 and began four-year college classes from the 2009–2010 meeting. It was recently known as Jessore University of Science and Technology. The classes of the principal bunch of understudies started on 10 June 2009. The initial four divisions were Computer Science and Engineering, Environmental Science and Technology, Microbiology, and Fisheries and Marine Bioscience. the Jashore University of Science and Technology is situated at Jashore Sadar.
- Campus Location: 1 Churamonkathi – Chaugachha Road, Jashore 7408- Bangladesh
- Contact Number: +8802421-42035,
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: www.just.edu.bd
7. Bangladesh Agricultural University (BAU)
Bangladesh Agricultural University or BAU was set up as the lone college of its sort in Bangladesh in 1961. The plan for BAU was finished on 8 June 1961 and its mandate was declared on 18 August 1961. It began working with the College of Veterinary Science and Animal Husbandry at Mymensingh as its core. The college has six resources and 43 divisions covering all parts of agrarian training and exploration. BAU was the second-most elevated planned state-funded college in Bangladesh for the year 2013–2014. It is positioned as the main college of Bangladesh as per the WebMatrix college positioning 2017. BAU’s examination in farming has made it all around perceived across Asia. It likewise has a low proportion of teachers to students.
- Campus Location: Bangladesh Agricultural University Mymensingh – 2202, Bangladesh
- Contact Number: +880-91-66846
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Official Website: www.bau.edu.bd
8. Jahangirnagar University (JU)
Jahangirnagar University (JU) is a state-funded college in Bangladesh, situated in Savar, Dhaka. It is one of the top and just completely private colleges in Bangladesh. The college was set up in 1970 by the Jahangirnagar Muslim University Ordinance of the public authority of Pakistan. The main gathering of understudies, an aggregate of 150, was tried out four offices: Economics, Geography, Mathematics, and Statistics. Its proper introduction was postponed until 12 January 1971, when the college was dispatched by Rear Admiral S. M. Ahsan, the chancellor. It worked as a venture until 1973 when the ‘Jahangirnagar Muslim University Act’ was revised as the ‘Jahangirnagar University Act’. In 2014, the college had 16,781 understudies, 755 instructors, and 1,430 different workers.
Jahangirnagar University Address:
- Campus Location: Jahangirnagar University. Kalabagan Rd, Savar Union 1342- Savar, Dhaka-1342, Bangladesh
- Contact Number: 02224491040
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: https://juniv.edu/
Shahjalal University of Science and Technology (SUST) is a public examination college situated in Sylhet, Bangladesh. It is the eighth-most seasoned college in the country and the main college to receive an American credit framework. The college is known for its spearheading examination and instruction in the actual sciences and designing. In 2016, SUST was positioned as the top exploration college in Bangladesh (610th on the planet) by Scopus-SCImago organization ranking. In 2017, the college had the most elevated examination consumption among all colleges in Bangladesh. Following the achievement of SUST, twelve more STEM colleges have been set up in the country by the Government of Bangladesh.
- Campus Location: Shahjalal University of Science and Technology-3114 University Ave, Sylhet, Bangladesh
- Contact Number: 880-821-713491
- Email ID: email@example.com
- Official Website: www.sust.edu
Chittagong University of Engineering and Technology generally alluded to as CUET, is a public designing college in Bangladesh situated in Raozan Upazila under Chittagong District. Set up in 1968, this college is an administration financed self-governing self degree-granting establishment, keeping up extraordinary accentuation on educating and exploration of designing, innovation, engineering, and arranging under five resources and seventeen scholastic offices. The number of present understudies including undergrad, graduate, and post-graduate are around 4500 with 900 understudies graduating every year.
- Campus Location: Kaptai, Highway Pahartali, Raozan, Chittagong – 4349, Bangladesh.
- Contact Number: +880-31-714946 and+880-31-714911
- Email ID: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Official Website: www.cuet.ac.bd
List of All Public Universities in Bangladesh by UGC
1. University of Dhaka
2. University of Rajshahi
3. Bangladesh Agricultural University
4. Bangladesh University of Engineering & Technology
5. University of Chittagong
6. Jahangirnagar University
7. Islamic University
8. Shahjalal University of Science & Technology
9. Khulna University
10. National University
11. Bangladesh Open University
12. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujib Medical University
13. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Agricultural University
14. Hajee Mohammad Danesh Science & Technology University
15. Mawlana Bhashani Science & Technology University
16. Patuakhali Science And Technology University
17. Sher-e-Bangla Agricultural University
18. Chittagong University of Engineering & Technology
19. Rajshahi University of Engineering & Technology
20. Khulna University of Engineering and Technology
21. Dhaka University of Engineering & Technology
22. Noakhali Science & Technology University
23. Jagannath University
24. Comilla University
25. Jatiya Kabi Kazi Nazrul Islam University
26. Chittagong Veterinary and Animal Sciences University
27. Sylhet Agricultural University
28. Jessore University of Science & Technology
29. Pabna University of Science and Technology
30. Begum Rokeya University, Rangpur
31. Bangladesh University of Professionals
32. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Science & Technology University
33. Bangladesh University of Textiles
34. University of Barisal
35. Rangamati Science and Technology University
36. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Maritime University, Bangladesh
37. Islamic Arabic University
38. Chittagong Medical University
39. Rajshahi Medical University
40. Rabindra University, Bangladesh
41. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Digital University, Bangladesh
42. Sheikh Hasina University
43. Khulna Agricultural University
44. Bangamata Sheikh Fojilatunnesa Mujib Science and Technology University
45. Sylhet Medical University
46. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Aviation And Aerospace University
47. Chandpur Science and Technology University .
48. Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman Univerisity, Kishoreganj
Conclusion: Among all the other universities in Bangladesh, these are the top 10 public universities in Bangladesh that are excelling as every day passes by. These universities make the name of Bangladesh greater on an International scale by excelling not only in the country rankings but also in the world university rankings.